DataSpark is part of Singtel’s digital life portfolio and in a short span has ramped up fast to become an innovative scale up in the space of Big Data, Analytics & AI which is a rapidly growing segment. Our ambitions are to become a major global player in this space via our software tools and consulting services.DataSpark has already established itself as a leading player in extracting geo-spatial and other behavioral intelligence from very large heterogeneous telco data sources, and building data products and software applications to support decision-making.We use Big data extracted from Telcos & several other data sources to serve clients in several sectors which includes Retail, Advertising, Transport, Governments and Telcos themselves. As such we split our teams across several verticals to bring expertise
As part of our highly energetic, youthful and dynamic team, we are looking for a motivated individual to help drive and build the DataSpark business as an Engagement Manager (EM) in the Telco vertical. DataSpark already has an existing client base in this vertical which is expanding rapidly.As an EM, you will have the opportunity to build on your leadership and people skills as well as leverage your expertise in the Telco vertical and/or generally in data science. The EM typically leads delivery teams of 2-4 data science consultants and service engineers to help these clients use DataSpark’s data-intensive analytics-based applications to (a) optimize their RAN network CAPEX spend and (b) drive their external data monetization agenda. The EM also works closely with DataSpark executives and Sales account directors to engage C-suite buyers (CEO, CTO, CIO, CMO, Head of Enterprise Business, Head of Strategy etc.)
If you are /have been in consulting and looking to make a jump to the tech/digital world and also be a part of the Industry, this is the right opportunity. The role offers growth and leadership opportunities and would also help diversify your skill sets by immersing in the upcoming field of Big Data & AI and learning new Industries (beyond Telco)
- You will be part of a regional Data Science Consulting team. You’ll be based in Singapore, but will have the opportunity to work with inspiring colleagues from all the offices.
- You will typically lead a delivery team of 2-4 data science consultants and service engineers. As the fulcrum of the client project team, you will lead the day-to-day execution while guiding and developing individual team members. You’ll work directly with clients – usually on site- and you’ll take ownership of the project deliverables.
- You will make important decisions regarding (a) the deployment of DataSpark’s software solutions and (b) the application of the output of the software to address client needs and (c) consulting/services engagements. While your skill sets do not need to be Big data driven, you would need to have an analytical bent of mind
- You will have the valuable opportunity to build on your proven leadership skills and inspire your own team and client team members, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership. In a collaborative team setting, you'll work closely with others but also autonomously. Your superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and strong interpersonal and communication skills will ensure successful client projects and team performance.
- With each project, you will gain new skills and knowledge, allowing you to contribute back to the continuous development and improvement of DataSpark’s data product offerings. Your experience with clients, knowledge of the market and insights gained from the Dataspark capability will enable you to be an innovation and product thought leader, the product team will look to you for ideas, concepts and inspiration of helping define and prioritise the product roadmap as we continue building it
- When not doing client delivery, you will work with senior DataSpark executives and DataSpark sales directors to engage prospective clients on pre-sales conversations, providing technical qualification for new opportunities. You will have the chance to lead executive workshops and/or presentations to articulate the value of the DataSpark offerings, architect solutions based on client requirements and translate them into use cases that DataSpark can address with our existing software and services. Once these opportunities are converted, you will work closely with project delivery team to ensure smooth transition from presales to project delivery
- You are an important brand of DataSpark, acting as a talent magnet to attract strong candidates, both technical & non-technical, to join DataSpark.